Sunday, October 23, 2011

God's Grace

It's not very often that I stumble across a Bible verse in the New Testament that I haven't read before, or at least don't remember reading.  I did this a week or so ago, and have found a very inspiring verse that is now my new favorite.  I love what it motivates me to do and think:

Acts 20:24 (NIV)
"I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace."

This verse probably didn't jump out at me in the past because God hadn't yet gotten a hold of me.  I hadn't learned (had only read) of God's grace until recently.  Almost 5 months ago to be exact.

And I get it now.

All I want to do is talk about it!

I want to shout from the rooftops how gracious our God is!

How MUCH He loves us.

That He wants more than anything for us to choose Him.

And when we do that, when we choose Him, it is then that we can experience the abundant life He came to give.  And ONLY then.  UNTIL then, you can try with all your might to live a well-meaning and "good" life.  But it won't matter.  Unless you make King Jesus the Lord of your life you'll just be spinning your wheels.

Have you made Jesus your Lord?


1 comment:

  1. Hi Gretchen,
    I read your testimony on Cindy Beall's blog this morning and was so encouraged. You said I could privately email you . I just signed up for your blog my email address is sreccles@gmail.com
    and I have a blog I write as well.
    http://sreccles.wordpress.com/

    Blessings Sarah

    ReplyDelete