Wednesday, November 23, 2011

All Grown Up

Today my 5 year old turns 18.  Let me clarify: my youngest stepson, who I consider my own (along with his 2 brothers) was only 5 when I met him.  Today he turns 18.  I can hardly believe it.  I still see a 5 year old little boy when I look at him, only now he's almost as tall as his dad.  Wow, how time flies.  But it didn't feel like it was flying when I had 4 kids and 3 dogs at home.  I thought it would never, ever end.

Ever.

But it did.  And now we are approaching a new season.  My son is moving out in the next couple of weeks (he can't wait to be on his own).  My daughter is 10 and will be the only one at home for the remainder of her childhood.  And we have 2 new dogs instead of the 3 we had for so long.

I am looking forward to this season.  It'll be a much calmer, quieter season.  I'm ready for some down time.  And I'm anxious to see what God has in store for us.  Can't wait to see how he might fill up my time!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment