Thursday, December 8, 2011

High Maintenance Dog

I thought our days of high maintenance, expensive dogs were over when we lost Sammy.

Not quite.



Two days ago I noticed Bella was frequently licking herself in the same spot.  I thought I should take a look to see if there was anything there.  Wow, I'm glad I checked!

We found a hole near her inner flank (the soft, thin part of skin between her abdomen and back legs) the size of a quarter.  I mean, an actual HOLE.  We could see muscle.  Eeeewwwww.

She wasn't limping, whining, yelping, or anything.  Just walking around like it was a little annoying, but no big deal.


She's such a strange dog.

We took her to the vet and they had to do surgery to clean it out and fix it up.  She ended up with 13 stitches.



We have no idea how it happened.  We have an acre of land and tomorrow we are going to walk the yard to see if there's something sharp she got caught on.  Poor baby girl.



She's been nothing but expensive.

But at least she's sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment