Thursday, January 5, 2012

Are you ready?

"When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ.  He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross."  Col. 2:13-15

This passage speaks volumes to me.

Here's my translation (the GLTV)...

While I was living in sin and oblivious to right and wrong God sacrificed his only Son for me so I could get out of my sin and live in freedom.  He forgave me for everything I ever did and took away my guilt, which sentenced me to death.  He nailed all my sins to the cross at Calvary!  Then he took away the enemy's power and authority over me (me = someone living in this world, which is Satan's kingdom, and in sin) by dying on the cross and claiming victory over him!  Praise Jesus!

He took away the enemy's power and authority over me.  That totally wows me...and empowers me!

If we can just learn to walk in this freedom and not believe the lies Satan tells us (which I believe he and his demons spend the majority of their time doing by whispering thoughts to us, in first person as if the thoughts are our own) then we'll be living the abundant life Jesus died to give us!

I don't know about you but that excites me!

I'm ready...are you?

Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment