Sunday, March 25, 2012

Irony

I also suffer from migraines but not often.   The last one I had was probably a couple of years ago.  So you might agree when I tell you how ironic it is that today I had a migraine.

I walked into church with a spot in my vision, thinking I had accidentally looked at the sun or at a reflection of the sun on a car.  It was so bright and beautiful today.  But after a few minutes it wasn't going away.  Then it started moving around and eventually I had no peripheral vision at all in my left eye, just squiggly lines.  And if I didn't know better, I would have thought I was going blind.  We almost left church before the service even started but I noticed my vision began clearing up.  My head didn't hurt even a little.  I knew it probably meant I would get a headache (spotty vision is a sure sign of a migraine coming), but I guess I didn't want to believe it so we stayed.  By the end of the service I had a full on headache.  We needed to go grocery shopping so my sweet man told me he would run in for me so I could stay in the car and close my eyes.  You other migraine sufferers know how much the light and sound bother a migraine.  Plus, an added nuisance today was my smell.  That was a first for me.  Anyway, I had to text my hubby to tell him to hurry or only grab a few things because I needed to get home.  I was starting to feel sick to my stomach.  I had medicine at home but didn't carry it with me since I rarely get migraines.

I got home, after we hit every red light possible, and took my pill.  Within 40 minutes I felt better.  An hour later I was outside laying by our pool with my husband and daughter.  That's good stuff.  However, it came back and I just took another pill.

But isn't it ironic that after years of no migraines I would get one right after my mom was here with hers?

Maybe it's a sympathy migraine.




1 comment:

  1. Ironic is right maybe subconsciously you were taking your mom's migraine away from her so she did not have to suffer. Whatever it was it was not a coincidence. Sorry you felt crummy. I'm curious did your migranes stop after you cut out wheat out of your diet or gluten. This was one of the reasons I cut out wheat is every month at least I would have a sinus headache so bad it set off migraines. I have been migraine free for almost 3 months now. I have noticed the last couple of years though I'm so sensitive to flickering lights eg: the sun flickering on the tree causes an instant migraine. For my headaches I found a can of coke and advil and it stops the migraine in it's steps and I get no headache. I still lose vision but no headaches. So glad you are feeling better.
    Love you :-)

    ReplyDelete