Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Daughter is 12

I used to think parents of 12 year olds were...well, old-ish.  When my boys were little and Savannah was a baby I couldn't imagine my youngest being that age. So, how in the world did I get here?

My baby is 12 today. And she amazes me! She has a heart of gold and loves Jesus! God surely blessed me with her.  She's my little miracle child and I'm so thankful for her.

And time has just flown by. But I don't think it could ever go slow enough.  We always think if we stop and enjoy each day more, time will slow down and we won't look back in 20 years wondering where it all went.  I think raising kids is just designed in such a way that we will always feel, no matter what, that time flew by. It's because we love our kids young and innocent and dependent on us.  Sure, we all need breaks throughout the years because it's hard work, but we sure do love it.  At least I do.

Happy Birthday my precious daughter. I love you more today than the day you were born!




1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to S I love this blog a tribute to your daughter. How fast they grow up. She looks so like you. I know you had your party on the weekend but praying you have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete