Shabby Blogs

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Do Not Be Discouraged

My favorite devotional is called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  It's encouragement from Jesus and I believe He empowered her to write this book.  She speaks using Scripture from God's Word in a way that is easier to grasp.


Yesterday's encouragement really spoke to me, maybe because of the season I'm in, but I hope it speaks to you as well:

"Do not be discouraged by the difficulty of keeping your focus on Me. I know that your heart's desire is to be aware of My Presence continually. This is a lofty goal; you aim toward it but never fully achieve it in this life. Don't let feelings of failure weigh you down. Instead, try to see yourself as I see you. First of all, I am delighted by your deep desire to walk closely with Me through your life.  I am pleased each time you initiate communication with Me. In addition, I notice the progress you have made since you first resolved to live in My Presence.

When you realize that your mind has wandered away from Me, don't be alarmed or surprised. You live in a world that has been rigged to distract you.  Each time you plow your way through the massive distractions to communicate with Me, you achieve a victory.  Rejoice in these tiny triumphs, and they will increasingly light up your days." (Italics mine.)

Romans 8:33-34
Hebrews 4:14-16

I'm so thankful that God sees my heart!!  He knows that my desire is to earnestly seek Him and honor Him in all I do, even though I fall short.  He doesn't expect perfection, He just wants me to seek Him.  And when I seek Him, I find complete satisfaction that cannot be found anywhere else.

Jeremiah 29:13 encourages my weary heart: "If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me."

All He wants is your heart, precious child.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder I love Jesus calling one of my friends put me on to it.
    I'm so thankful that God sees my heart!! He knows that my desire is to earnestly seek Him and honor Him in all I do, even though I fall short. He doesn't expect perfection, He just wants me to seek Him. And when I seek Him, I find complete satisfaction that cannot be found anywhere else. Love this thanks I needed this today.

    Thanks also so my email I want to make sure it's God and not my flesh wanting to be satisfied. It's hard to connect with people I have tried many times and shared my story parts of it and I feel that connection but then it's gone. It also doesn't hurt to check out this other bible study it's Tuesday morning and I could go when not working. I can still be part of the other.

    ReplyDelete