Wednesday, January 15, 2014

It's here!

Today’s the day.

I am 40 today.

Does that mean I’m all grown up now?

It’s almost like there’s no way to be 40 and not be.

That’s the age everyone thinks is so far in the future, like we’ll never get there. Almost unattainable.

But I assure you it is attainable.

I have found it today.

I feel differently than I thought I would. I’m not hating it. I guess because I know I can’t stop time. I can’t stop aging. So why not just be a big girl? There are things that come with getting older, and many of them wonderful. Just yesterday Tim and I were talking about how hindsight is so great. At this age it’s so easy to look back and see things we didn’t see or see things in a better light. To see things with a different, more mature, perspective. And we have to be careful not to expect the younger generations to be at a level of understanding that took us 40 years to reach. We all have to go through stages of learning. We all have to experience pain & life to learn.

I know my life is far from over, but I’m so glad to be on this side of growing up. While the sagging skin isn't ideal, I am appreciative of the wisdom that comes with aging. And the relationships in my life and with my husband and kids is priceless. I would not trade my life for anything. I know God has a purpose for every piece of it and I trust Him.

I hope to walk out the next 40 years with grace and complete trust in my Maker. I want to follow Him wholeheartedly and completely surrendered. I love Acts 20:24 “I consider my life nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.”

Lord Jesus, help me live a surrendered and thankful life! Thank You for the 40 years I’ve been given on this broken earth, to walk out Your story and to share Your love with other people. Thank You for counting me worthy of Your Kingdom work. Thank You for enabling me and empowering me to walk Your path. Don’t ever let me go.

I am forever Yours!!!

Here are some pics from my family birthday party last night. Unfortunately my mom & sister-in-law were both sick and missed our fun dinner! Remember what I said about hindsight? Well, I realize now that I kind of "overdid" pics of myself, but I wanted to have a picture with everyone and it was easier to do this than get everyone together for a group photo!

Nephew, Bobby

My son and his wife, and my very precious granddaughter

Sister-in-law, Cindi

My precious daughter and nieces

My brother, Peter

Good friend Gwen

Niece, Sara

My son and our "land" daughter (you know, like a landlord only she's like a daughter who lives with us), Katie

Brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Dan & Cindi

Very special mother-in-law

VERY SPECIAL MAN :)

No comments:

Post a Comment