Sunday, August 10, 2014

Tripp Update

I have a very sweet friend & her 2 daughters currently staying with us. Meet amazing Caroline. And her 2 shadows...




Their big, very sweet dog is also here...Red Dog.

He has been nothing but sweet and loving and amazing.

My 3 dogs have gotten along with him perfectly...until this week.

Sugar, my mid-sized 27 pound dog who loves everything and everyone, especially squirrels for dinner, had a run-in with Red Dog under the "squirrel tree." Sugar spent the following day at the vet's office while they x-rayed her leg and made sure she was okay. No broken bones, just a very bruised leg, an open wound, and a pathetic limp to grab as much attention and love as possible from all the humans living here.

It worked.


My most adorable and precious (and only) granddaughter celebrated her 1st birthday on July 29. Where did the time go? She is so much fun to have around and such a blessing to her Pops and me (Lolli), and her Auntie Savvy. Happy 1st Birthday Ellie!





My middle son turned 25 this week. Again, where did the time go? Wasn't he a little boy just yesterday? Happy Birthday Joseph!


Lots and lots of other things going on around the Tripp house lately and coming up. Savannah will be 13 (A TEENAGER) in 2 weeks.

WHAT??

She is the most disobedient child alive - we have told her over and over to stop growing but she refuses. I think she has Oppositional Defiance Disorder.


This photo was taken at Easter this year. Look at that beautiful 12 year old thing on the right side in the turquoise...how is she only 12?? She is the best thing that ever happened to me.

Thank You, Jesus, for such an amazing opportunity to love You more by loving her. Thank You for using her to change me. Thank You for Your promise to finish what You started in her (Phil. 1:6). She is an amazing tool for Your Kingdom! Thank You that I get to be part of her life.

In September we are driving to Colorado for our niece's wedding! Again, how did all these kids get so grown up?! We are so excited to see Sara take this big step in her life and watch as God blesses them and matures them through their marriage! We will also visit my aunt in Boulder while we're there. Anxious to see her and my uncle!

Savannah starts school in just over a week. We've homeschooled for 5 years and this year she is going to a homeschool school that has her at an actual school building 2 days a week and at home the other 3 days. She'll have real teachers and real classmates. She's excited and I'm excited for her. It's hard for an "only child" to homeschool. She misses the social interaction that comes from being in school. She gets a lot of social time at church but it's just not enough when you're in 8th grade. You remember, right?

How are you? Leave me a comment or send me an email and tell me how I can pray for you!





No comments:

Post a Comment